The EWAVE Family of RF Data Modems
The EWAVE family of RF (radio-frequency) wireless data
modems are designed for systems requiring the full-duplex
transmission and reception of wireless data. All EWAVE
family members are based on Ewave's RF10K core.
The RF10K core uses our 900 MHz full-duplex transceiver,
coupled with our proprietary dual RISC processor modulation/demodulation
engine. Ewave's RF modems are available in several supply
voltages and support standard serial interfaces using
RS232, RS422, or TTL voltage levels. The RF modems can
be used in any application where a wireless data link
is needed -- the full duplex design allows the modem to
be a drop-in replacement for an existing wired serial
link. The RF Modem's low power requirements also makes
it an ideal solution for battery-powered applications.
Common to All Modem Models:
- Ewave's RF10K DualDSP modem core
- FCC certified; no user license required.
- Full duplex, allowing simultaneous transmission and reception of data.
- Transparent, simple operation: Looks like a serial cable to your application.
- Dynamic packetization of data, providing low latency while maintaining high
- Commands may be sent on-the-fly (e.g., Transmit Power On/Off, Channel) or
modem may be configured once and "locked" in the Data state for
maximum transparency to your application.
- Integrated antenna.
- Operation from regulated 5V or unregulated ~7.2-10VDC (in which case the
modem can supply 5V to another device); 3.3V also available.
- Non-volatile (EEPROM) storage of user parameters (e.g., Channel, Baud Rate).
- Status LEDs indicating Transmit and Receive Activity, Transmitter Power
On/Off and Command/Data Mode.
- 9600 bps sustained data throughput (higher data rate available if transparent
CRC generation and checking is disabled).
Optional (Varies by Modem Model):
- 1, 5 or 40 user-selectable channels.
- Programmable baud rates, up to 38.4K.
- Transparent protection from errors and interference via 16-bit CRC (Cyclic
- Packetization configurable via software parameters: Maximum Packet-Size
Threshold and Next-Byte Wait Time.
- High data reliability via transparent, automatic Retry/Acknowledge.
- Support for RS232 "Break" conditions and RTS/CTS control signals.
- Data Interface:
- Protocol Support:
- Normal transparent data mode
(fastest data throughput)
- High-reliability mode with CRC and automatic retry/acknowledgement
- Parallax PBASIC mode (for
remote-debugging/remote-download with Parallax’s Basic Stamp)
- RM2000 mode (for use with
Innovation First Robot Controller
- An SuperSCREAMER model is also
available which includes all the above Protocol modules in a single Modem,
and allows software feature selection on-the-fly.
- Supply Voltage:
- +5VDC supply voltage (3.3VDC also available) 140mA.
- +7.2-10VDC supply voltage (unregulated) 140mA.
- Industrial-strength ABS case
- OEM module (without case)